As you may have seen by my Facebook and Twitter updates, I'm in Singapore now! Continuing my MBA education at the INSEAD Singapore campus. I'll be posting lots about my travels around Southeast Asia. One of the things I'm most excited for about living here is the food! I got pretty tried of French food and it's honestly not the healthiest or best for my stomach. Way too much cheese and bread, I will miss the cheap good wine though.
Here's a classic stir fry for which the ingredients were super easy to find in the corner grocery. I love that Asian food includes a lot of rice and vegetables, both excellent staples. I'll be posting lots about my forays into Asian food in the next few months.
- 400 g rice noodles
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 300 g defrosted uncooked shrimp
- 100 g mushrooms
- 250 g Japanese greens (e.g. bok choy)
- 1/4-1/2 cup soy sauce
- chili sauce to taste
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions
- Heat coconut oil in a pan over medium heat
- Add shrimp and cook until slightly pink (not translucent)
- Add mushrooms and stir for one minute, add more coconut oil if necessary
- Add cooked rice noodles to pan, keeping some of the water to make the mixture moist
- Add greens and stir in until wilted
- Add soy sauce and chili sauce to taste and enjoy!